Thinking + Acting
It is time to plan for Emory’s next cycle of strategy setting, called Thinking + Acting Strategically. In order for this effort to succeed, your input is extremely important.
The process will build on collaboration and regular updates on next steps and accomplishments. Key milestones to be accomplished over the course of the next academic year (2016 - 2017) include:
- An inclusive and transparent process for setting future strategic priorities in support of Emory's mission.
- The development of an initial draft of Emory's strategic initiatives for the next five years, including information on defining and measuring success. This draft will be distributed for your feedback and revised accordingly.
- The planning and implementation of select strategic initiatives.
We will collect and analyze many distinct sources of information to help us craft the new strategic plan. These will include:
- A peer analysis of the strategic plans of Emory’s peer institutions
- A landscape assessment of important trends in higher education that affect Emory’s future
- Town halls, surveys, and other means of soliciting opinions from the Emory community
- An assessment of Emory’s capabilities that can be leveraged for high-impact strategic initiatives
The process begins with an initial two-question survey, described in more detail below. We encourage everyone to send your thoughts and ideas.
We look forward to next steps as we work together on this critical process to guide Emory's future.