Note: Audio files are Windows Media Audio tracks (WMA). Please download the audio files to play them.
- Chelsey Goins, Ph.D., Clinical Program Manager, prIME Oncology
- Teresa Pena, Ph.D., Associate Director, Scientific Exchange, UCB Pharma, Inc.
- Rebecca Rosen, Ph.D., Health Policy Science Analyst
- Sara Dodson, Ph.D., Office of Autism Research Coordination
- Jovana J. Grbic, Ph.D., ScriptPhD.com Editor/Creative Director
- Kevin Grazier, Ph.D., Jet Propulsion Laboratory scientist/SyFy Channel science advisor
11.22.10 St. Jude's Post Docs Audio file
- Dr. Linda Harris, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Daniel Baker, Emerging Leaders Network representative
- John W. Sharkey, Ph.D., Shionogi Pharma, Inc., Executive VP, Business Development
- Joseph M. Patti, Ph.D., Co-founder Inhibitex Inc., Sr. Vice President of Preclinical Development and Chief Scientific Officer
- Elyse Katz, Ph.D., Pfizer, Alzheimer’s Disease Lead, Molecular Medicine (Emory Neuroscience Program Alumna)
- Richard Timmer, Ph.D., CEO & President of AIM Therapeutics Inc., CSO of BioQuest Innovations Inc.
3.22.10 Government Research Labs: Careers at the NIH & CDC Audio file
- David Lovinger, Ph.D., Laboratory Chief of National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health
- Stephan S. Monroe, Ph.D., Director of Division of Viral & Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
2.22.10 Choosing a Mentor Audio file
- Keith Wilkinson, Ph.D., Director of GDBBS
- Panel for Choosing a Mentor (Andy Kowalczyk, Ph.D., Lynn Huynn, Ph.D. candidate in Genetics, & Marina Wheeler, Ph.D. candidate in Psychology/Neuroscience)
- Corrine R. Fantz, Ph.D., DABCC, FACB and Ross J. Molinaro, MLS(ASCP), Ph.D., DABCC, FACB
- Thomas R. Ziegler, M.D., Professor of Medicine (email: email@example.com)
- Stacie Probst, Ph.D., Vice-president of Policy and Outreach for Research! America (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kelly Philpot, Ph.D., Clinical Research Associate (email: Kelly.Philpot@bluebell.ppdi.com)
- Melinda Welch, Ph.D., Medical Liaison (email: Melinda.Welch@ucb.com)
3.30.09 Medical and Journal Editing Careers Audio file
- Nancy Taylor, Ph.D., Medical Editor
- Jeremy M. Boss, Ph.D. Professor, Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology; Deputy Editor
3.16.09 Careers in Medical Writing Audio file
- Erin Goldman, Ph.D. Freelance science writer and editor, Member of the American Medical Writers Association, and the National Association of Science Writers.
- Charles N. Collier, M.Sc., Associate Director of the Career Counseling Center at Emory University.
- Carolyn Drews-Botsch, Ph.D./M.P.H., Associate Professor of Epidemiology, Associate Dean of the Graduate School.
1.28.09 Careers in Pharmaceutical Research Audio file
- Pam Tannenbaum, Ph.D. Research Associate from Merck
- Dennis Choi, Ph.D. Emory Neuroscience Initiative
12.9.08 Careers in Public Policy Audio file
- Mike Allred, Ph.D. from CDC
- Marlin Gottschalk, Ph.D. from EPD
10.27.08 - Looking Beyond the University: Careers in Teaching.
- Karen Schmeichel, Oglethorpe University, Natural Sciences Division
- Arri Eisen, Emory University, Dept of of Biology
- Teaching Opportunity Panel (Jordon Rose, Prism; Leah Anderson-Roesch, Emory College; Jennifer Holtzman, FIRST Fellow)
9.22.08 - Choosing a Mentor Audio file
- Keith Wilkinson, PhD. Director, GDBBS & Prof, Biochemistry
- Mary Delong, PhD. Assistant Dean, Director Office of Postdoctoral Education.
05.19.08 - Have you ever wanted to be recruited for a job? Well, here's your chance! Audio file
- Jahari Soward, Scientific Recruiter for Kelly Scientific Resources
- Linda C. Harris, Ph.D., Associate Member and Associate Director of Academic Programs, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN.
- Michael Woods, Ph.D., EID Research Fellow
- Brandon Leader, Ph.D., EID Research Fellow
- Sandra Tallent, Ph.D., EID Research Fellow
- Julie Kase, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Bioterrorism and Emerging Pathogens Unit
- Troy Querec, Ph.D., EID Research Fellow [Slides1] [Slides2]
- Tom Gahan, B.S., MT, SEnior Staff Scientist, Serology/Viral [Slides]
02.25.08 - Focus on internships Audio file
- Eric Missildine, ELN internship coordinator
- Cliff Michaels, Emory alum at the Office of Technology Transfer
- Jill Harley-Dunham, student intern with Georgia Dept. of Economic Development
- Chad Kitchen, student intern at a patent analytics group
- Thomas R. Ziegler, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine (Endocrinology);
Associate Program Director, Emory GCRC; Co-Director, Emory K12 Program
- Dr. Keith Wilkinson, GDBBS Director & Professor of Biochemistry.
10.22.07 - Mentor Selection Workshop: Strategies for identifying doctoral and post-doctoral advisors
- Dr. Keith Wilkinson, GDBBS Director & Professor of Biochemistry. Dissertation Advisors: Why do I need one? How do I get one? [Slides]
- Dr. Mary DeLong, Director, Office of Postdoctoral Education & Assistant Dean, Emory School of Medicine. Quality Postdoc Positions: How to Find One. [Slides]
- Panel Discussion with:
- Dr. Jeremy Boss, GMB Director & Professor of Microbiology & Immunology
- Dr. David Lynn, BCDB, MMG Programs & Chair and Professor of Chemistry.
- Dr. Eddie Morgan, MSP Director & Professor of Pharmacology.
10.08.07 - Careers in Science Journalism Audio file
- Holly Korschun, Director of Research Communications at Emory University
- Sheila Tefft, Director of Journalism program at Emory College
- Michele Arduengo, Writer/Director of Promega
- Katherine Soreng, Head of Clinical Marketing at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics
- Sara Klucking, American Association for the Advancement of Science, Science and Technology Policy Fellow at the Department of Homeland Security. [Slides]
07.23.07 - Careers in Policy and Regulatory Processes Audio file!
- Amy Pollick, Ph.D. Director of Government Relations at the Association for Psychological Science
- David Shoemaker, Ph.D. [david.shoemaker (at) rtp.ppdi.com] Pharmaceutical product development (at PPDI.com) [Slides]
- Sidney VanNess, [sidneyvanness (at) mac dot com] Vice President of Investment Banking at White Mountain Capital [Slides]
- Steve Traynelis, [straynelis (at) pharm.emory dot edu], NeurOp Corporation and MSP Faculty Member
05.14.07 Part 2 - Careers in Teaching
04.30.07 Part 1 - Teaching Opportunities @ Emory
- Pat Marstellar, Ph.D., [email@example.com]
Office of Science Education, Director Center for Science Education at Emory
- Jacob Kagey & Mark Dezalia, PRISM Students
- Eric Tomlinson, Ph.D., D.Sc. President & CEO Altea Therapeutics & Winner (2007) of the Biomedical Industry Growth Award [firstname.lastname@example.org] [Slides]
- Wendy Carr, Ph.D. Staff Fellow, Center for Biologics Evaluations and Research, FDA / NIH [Slides]
- Neil Lamb, Ph.D. Director of Education & Outreach, Hudson Alpha Institute of Biotechnology
- Brad Guild, Ph.D. Norvartis Institute for Biomedical Research.
- President James Wagner, Ph.D. Emory University [email@example.com]
09.25.06 Audio file
- Julie Williams, Ph.D. Medical science liaison
- Charity Crew-Davis, Ph.D. [Charity.Davis@gbi.state.ga.us] Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- Chris Gunter, Ph.D. [firstname.lastname@example.org] Editor, Nature
08.24.06 Audio file!
- Kim Kamdar, Ph.D. Venture Capitalist, Domain Associates & Founder of Aryzun Pharmaceuticals
06.26.06 Audio file!
- Bill Edens, Ph.D. Founder Stheno Corp.
- Julie Collins, M.S. [email@example.com] [Slides] Project Manager Georgia SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research)
- Gregg Orloff, Ph.D. [firstname.lastname@example.org] Lecturer, Biology Dept., Emory University
05.22.06 CDC Careers Audio file
- Heather Alexander, Ph.D. [email@example.com]
- Linda Demma, Ph.D. [firstname.lastname@example.org] [Slides]
- Kimberly Lindsey, Ph.D.
04.24.06 Audio file
- Silke Talsma, Ph.D. [email@example.com] Sr Scientist, Bard Medical
- Brian Adams, Ph.D. [firstname.lastname@example.org] Patent law, Horizon Pharmaceuticals
- Vicky Adams, Ph.D. Research Scientist, American Cancer Society
03.27.06 Audio file